Thursday, February 16, 2012

Staging

So, we are getting the house ready to sell!  Yes, that's right, SELL!  I won't get into details yet (nothing is written in stone) but I will say I've been thinking of all sorts of things we need to do to get ready to put the house on the market.

ORGANIZATION!!!

It's what we need most!  I'm going to need my parents here to help. Yes Dad, you will be watching the girls as mom and I empty closets, pack unnecessary things and re-organize EVERYTHING!  I did a lot of rearranging furniture and put up some new art work.  Pics of that coming soon.

We need to paint walls, paint kitchen cabinets, tile the kitchen back splash, finish all of the molding, de-personalize, de-clutter, and the list goes on and on!

Here are some pics of what I've done so far this past week.  

Any suggestions are welcome!



DINING ROOM 


This was the girls playroom for the longest time.  Need to change the curtains.  Added some artwork above the hutch.




DINING ROOM/ENTRYWAY

I'll have to put a pic up with the new artwork tomorrow.

The girls artwork is down.  Now, what to put on this wall?

Should I take the girls books away?  I think they might stay but maybe be put in boxes.  I also need to depersonalize the artwork on this wall.


I'M BUYING WICKER BASKETS FROM IKEA THIS WEEK TO REPLACE THESE (IN THE ENTRYWAY) AND I WILL BE USING THESE IN THE LAUNDRY ROOM.)

WHAT SHOULD I DO HERE?  NEW ARTWORK IS A MUST I THINK.

HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO HERE.  I THINK I MIGHT NEED A NEW CHAIR?

LOVE OUR SINK!  DEFINITELY NEED TO PUT IN A BACK SPLASH!

KITCHEN.  


Any ideas?  We will probably be putting new tile in here.

HAPPY WITH OUR GRANITE.  NEED TO PAINT THE CABINETS WHITE!

SHOULD I PUT ANYTHING IN THE SPACE ABOVE THE CABINETS?  NEED TO FINISH THE MOULDING!

SHOULD I TAKE ANYTHING DOWN FROM THE CABINETS?  HAVE NEW ARTWORK GOING IN THE WALL SPACE ABOVE THE MICROWAVE CABINETS.

And a little something extra...


SUNFLOWERS...MY FAVORITE!

So, what do you say?

SUGGESTIONS?!


2 comments:

  1. Take the toaster and the mixer off the countertops.
    I don't think you need to spend the money on a new desk chair, but is that what that space is supposed to be used for? Or can stools be pulled up to the counter for eating/socializing?
    I was going to comment about de-personalizing the pics but you already know that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea to take the toaster down and maybe the coffee pot too. I definitely have the space to put those away. I'm not really sure what the space that has the computer should be used for. I think the owners before us had a small hutch there. It's kind of an awkward space. I would love to have some stools at the kitchen bar top! I've wanted some since we moved in. Let's see how much $ we have left over after we get all the projects done. :) Thanks for the suggestions.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...