I love it when banana's go bad!
It gives me an excuse to make BANANA BREAD!
I love banana bread when it's heavy and moist. This recipe bakes up just the way I like it. I hope you enjoy it as well!
- 1 1/4 C. sugar
- 1/2 C. butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 4 tbls. cottage cheese (Yup, you read that right!)
- 2-3 medium, very ripe, bananas
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350º.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy (I use my Kitchen Aid mixer, but you can do this by hand.)
- Add eggs to butter/sugar mixture and mix well. I always crack the eggs open into a separate bowl to make sure I don't get any egg shell into the mixture.
- Add baking powder and baking soda and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas.
- Add cottage cheese, mashed bananas and flour, mixing well after each addition. After flour is added, mix only enough to incorporate everything. You don't want to over beat or the bread come out hard.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 5x8 bread pan.
- Sprinkle the batter with a little sugar before it goes into the oven.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
|Sorry this is the first pic I took! This is just before the flour was added.|
|Batter after all ingredients were mixed together. It will be thick and lumpy.|
|I had to spread the butter with a spoon...no paper towels. Ay, ay, ay...|
|Ready to go in the oven! Don't forget to sprinkle a little sugar on top!|
|Mmmm...look at all that delicious sugar sprinkled on top!|
Let me know what you think.