Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Looking for a rental...

So, I guess I can say it now.  It's official.

Locke is retiring.  

I cannot believe it!  Even though we've been talking about it for a little over a month now after he got the job offer in Indiana, it still seems unreal!

I'm excited.  Nervous.  Anxious.  Happy.  Sad.  Hopeful.  Excited.  

Wait, I already said excited!  

As I said in my House Hunting post, we were very excited about our search for our next house.  I was really looking forward to buying a house that I could make into our home.  I was hoping for an old farmhouse with lot's of property.  A house that needed a little work {not TOO much} maybe in a kitchen or bathroom.  

There's just one little problem now.  We may only be in Indiana for a year or two before he would transfer to another location.  So until then, it looks like we are going to

Yup, you read that right.  RENT.  I'm sad.  Frustrated.  But I definitely know that it's the right decision for us.  So, while we are there, my blogging focus will be a bit different.  

I will have to base my blog now on how I can make a house into a home without it actually being our home.  

It's OK.  It's not what I was hoping for but I am an optimist.  I will make the best of it.  Hey, I know that there are a lot of people out there that rent.  And it's only temporary.

I just hope for one thing.

I hope that we can still find a farmhouse to rent.  

Or, at least something with property.  I don't know how many people are trying to rent their farmhouse in the area that we were looking in.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can find a sign like this in front of my dream home.


Who knows, maybe we can find a house that's in a little need of repair and the landlords wouldn't mind having someone else do the work for them.  We will see.  I will keep my fingers crossed.  

Can you do the same for me?  

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Congrats on Locke for the job offer! Wow...Indiana! A farmhouse sounds splendid...oh the possibilities. Best of luck to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Looks like the job at this location will only be for 1-2 years (then we move to one of their other locations) so for the time being we will be renting. I'm sad about that, but hopefully we can still find a house to rent that is similar to what we would be looking for if we were buying. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! We are excited about the move though. Just a few more months in sunny Florida!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...