Monday, March 12, 2012

Momma went shopping!

Locke told me I had to get some new jeans. 


I have lost some weight recently, my jeans were not fitting right and apparently I looked like I was wearing "mom jeans"!


Me wearing mom jeans?  
I don't think so!

I'm in this in between stage age wise.  Have some of you late 20's, early 30's women ever felt that way?  You're too old to be wearing teeny bopper clothing but you're not an old woman either!  And of course, you still want to look fashionable!


Jeans have always been hard for me.  I'm 5'2 and have a big behind.  Not J-Lo big, but close enough.  I wanted a pair of skinny jeans.  I thought it would be impossible to find well fitting ones.


The problem I find with shirts is that the top portion is usually made for women with small breasts.  Something else I don't have!


Oh, and dresses?  I can never find one that's above my knees since I'm so short.


I saw there was a new store at my mall called Papaya, so I thought I'd give it a shot.  I went through the store and grabbed an armful of pieces that I liked.  I was trying to stay real with myself with what would actually fit me or look good on my body.  I walked into the fitting room knowing that I would only walk out with a shirt or two.


Well, I'm happy to say, I actually had some luck!


Both of the jeans I picked fit.  Only two of the shirts I didn't like.  
I also tried on a fun, graphic print dress.  


Here are a couple of the things I ended up with.  I couldn't find the pics of the others pieces.  I'll have to update the pics after I've had some taken of myself, something that never happens since I'm the one always behind the camera!

I love this dress!  I'm actually wearing it right now and it fits above my knees.  At $16.99, how could I go wrong?

These were my favorite jeans!  They were $24.99.  Not too bad, right? The other pair I purchased were only $10!  And, Locke said my butt looked good in these.  I always like that! 

 Do any of you have the same issues when it comes to buying clothes?  I know I'm not the only one.  What problems do you encounter when you are shopping for clothes for yourself?


I want to hear all about it!



2 comments:

  1. Your Mami is a whiz with a sewing machine! I'm sure she can shorten the hem on a-little-too-long dresses that fit/flatter you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right! I just wish that I could try on clothes and have them fit perfectly length-wise. It NEVER happens. I'm happy I was able to find clothes that i was happy and felt comfortable in, especially after shopping for the girls all the time. It's nice to do things for myself and not feel guilty about it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...