Wednesday, April 25, 2012

10 Easy Afternoon Crafts for the Munchkins!


I don't know about you, but I'm always trying to think of something fun to keep my girls entertained.  Art projects always seem to settle them down.  That's one of the reasons why I'm loving Pinterest so much.  It's a one stop place where you can find ideas for virtually anything.  

I gathered a small list of crafts to do with my girls and thought I would share it with you.  Keep in mind, I tried to find some simple things to entertain toddlers.  My girls are 2 & 3 {almost 4...can't believe it} so I wanted to keep it fun and easy for them.  

Almost all of these projects are things you can do with your little ones in under and hour, cause you know how their attention spans can be!
.......................................................................................................................................................................

1.
Plastic Bead Bowls
This first craft is something I've wanted to do with my girls for awhile now.  I found the container of plastic beads at IKEA to make these bowls.  I think it would be fun to place their crayons, markers and what not in a fun way.  I know they would be proud to show them off!
Via

2.
DIY Bubble Bath Paint

Bath time has never been more fun!  All the ingredients you need are things you probably already have in your home.

Via

3.
Homemade Doodle Paint 

Yet another project that you can create for you little ones to have tons of fun with supplies you already have in your home {except for the bottles maybe}.   

Via

4.
Jello Playdough

I chose this playdough recipe because it actually looks like the name brand.  I'm assuming it's the jello in the recipe that creates that desired consistency.  My girls love playdough, so I know I can't go wrong here!


Via
 5. 
Homemade Slime

Mia and Zoe have never played with slime.  I wonder how they would react to the cool, slimy consistency?  One guess.  They will probably think it's awesome!

Via

6.
Rainbow Crayons

What a great idea to recycle broken crayons!  Heck, I would do this for Mia & Zoe even with a new pack of crayons. 

Via


 7.
Rock Animals

These are so cute!  I can't get enough of them.  I know the girls would have fun putting these together with their mami.  


Via

 8.
Koi Paper Kites

These are the cutest!  The girls would want to go outside to look at these dance with the wind.  They would definitely need my help putting these together.  I think having the supplies ready before you start would be best with toddlers, right?

Via

 9.
Sunprints

This is a great craft that involves science.  I think the girls {especially Mia} would be amazed with the results!
Via
Via
Via

10.
 How to Build a Fairy House

The moment I saw these little houses, my mind went straight to the Tinkerbell movies.  Mia would be in heaven and would have such fun looking around the yard for bits and pieces to add to Tinkerbell's home.  Heck, I'd even love to have this in my yard.  So whimsical. 

Via
...................................................................................................................................................................... 
What type of crafts do you like to do with your toddlers? 

Don't forget to pass by tomorrow for


Katie from Quality Cheap Home will be co-hosting with me.

Have a wonderful day!

See where I party Wednesday's HERE.

19 comments:

  1. It is wrong that I think all those things look amazing and want to do them myself at 22 with no kids?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! NO! I'm 28 and I want to do them myself! Thanks for passing by!

      Delete
    2. I'm 28 and want to do them at home myself, too!

      Delete
  2. Some awesome ideas! I have been wanting to try some of those paints with my daughter, but I haven't gotten to it yet.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shiloh! We haven't gotten to the paints yet. I need to go out and buy the bottles. I'm excited to try them with my girls. I know they will have a lot of fun with them!

      Hope you come again soon!

      Delete
  3. Those are great! They look like so much fun! I would love for you to share this on "Pin It and Win It Wednesday" @ www.cheapcraftymama.com!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for the invite! I'm heading over there now...

      Delete
  4. Love the bath paint idea - I think that's the only place I'd let my 2 toddlers play with paint....no one is safe otherwise! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! Let me know how the paints come out for you if you try 'em. Thanks for passing by!

      Delete
  5. You've got great ideas here. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi! Glad you visited my blog. Let me know if you try any of these out. Off to check out your blog now, looking forward to visiting.

      Delete
  6. Totally Perfect!!! I'd love to have you share at my party...it JUST opened!!!

    http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2012/04/overflowing-with-creativity-19.html

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite! I'll be there!

      Delete
  7. where are the instructions for these, am i missing them? i would really like to make the bead bowl!! thank you : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. How can I get the recipe of the playdough? Sorry my first visit here :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would like recipes and instructions for these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like the instructions for the crayons and playdoh!! Awesome Ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I've compiled all these projects through other blogs. The links for those projects are just under the corresponding photo where it says "Via".

      Sorry for the delay in the response. My family and I are in the middle of a move. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. OOoh love the idea of the bowl. How funky does that look!

    http://ramblingsofajugglingmum.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...