Friday, April 13, 2012

1st Guest Blogger: Erin from How to Nest for Less

Hello!

I am so excited to have my first guest blogger on
Loving this {crazy} life!

Welcome Erin from How to Nest for Less!
I am so grateful to you for taking the time the last few weeks to show me the in and outs and how-to's of the blogging world.  

I'm like a sponge right now, eager to take any advice and encouragement that comes my way.  Erin has given me just that. 

Show her some love and pass by her amazing blog!

Without further ado, here is Erin's guest post!  Thanks girl!

 

Hi everyone! My name is Erin and I'm the DIY wannabe behind How to Nest for Less!
I'm so excited Melissa asked me to guest blog on her site. I always love to help out newbie bloggers! So what cool DIY project am I sharing with you guys today? An embellished flower mirror for my kiddo's bedroom!
Here's how I created the look... While cruising through the clearance aisle at HomeGoods, I found a gold ornate mirror for only $8. I really needed something for above my daughter's dresser in her stenciled bedroom, and I thought this could be perfect with some minor embellishments!
First thought I had for this mirror redo was to have it match the stencil color on the bedroom accent wall, so I painted it with my new love, Annie Sloan's chalk paint in Paris Grey. Once the paint was dry, I distressed the edges with a light grade sand paper. I love how the gold pops through the sanded paint! I removed all of the access dust with a damp towel and cleaned the mirror before the next step. Next was a trip to Michael's craft store to purchase some flowers to match the colors in my daughter's bedroom: greens, blues and rosy pinks. I found a summery garland on clearance for 60% off. Score! I cut the flowers off the garland with a pair of scissors and laid a couple of them out on the corners of the mirror until I reached my desired composition. Then I used my handy dandy hot glue gun to secure them in place.
Voila! A quick & easy project that's ready for it's new home!
Total price: $8 for the mirror and $7 for the garland of flowers. I had the paint and glue on hand in my craft closet. Pretty nifty for $15!
So, what do you think?
Melissa, thanks so much for inviting me to Loving This {Crazy} Life for the day!
Hope you guys come see my daily adventures at How to Nest for Less! You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest.
Erin is a St. Louis based designer, wife, mother and author of the blog How to Nest for Less.

.................................................................................


Isn't that super cute?!  Have to keep that in mind for Mia & Zoe's room.  Erin, thanks again for being a my first guest at Loving this {crazy} life!


Don't forget to pass by my It's a Piece O' Cake Linky Party and link up your fab DIY projects!


Have a great day!


See where I party Friday's here.

P.S. Please keep my husband, Locke, in your prayers today as he is going into surgery this morning.  
{Hugs}

UPDATE ON MY HUSBAND:
Locke's surgery was this morning and all went well.  He is now out of recovery, in his own room and getting as much rest as he can {well as much as you can in a hospital}.  He's in a bit of pain {which is to be expected} but it's being managed.  

Locke should be discharged Saturday morning if all is well.

UPDATE #2:
Locke was not released today {Saturday}.  It's almost 11PM and he's in the worst pain since I saw him for the first time in recovery yesterday.  Hopefully the meds they just gave him kick in soon and he can go home tomorrow {Sunday}.  Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

16 comments:

  1. What a fun project! Erin always has the best ideas and she is so much fun! I hope everything goes well tomorrow for your husband!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin definitely has some great ideas! I'll have to have you do a guest blog someday! ;-)

      Thanks for the well wishes from my husband. The surgery was actually this morning and it went well. He's now out of recovery {in pain but it's being managed} and resting.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Isn't it? Thanks for passing by babe!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for having me guest blog for the day Melissa! Glad to hear your hubby is doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for taking the time! It was perfect.

      Just added an update to the post. We are still in the hospital and he's in quite a bit of pain. Hopefully he's better in the morning and can be discharged.

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Welcome to blogging! Is that the crazy life you were talking about??
    Found you on HTNFL - cute blog!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! Crazy life is just our life in general, it's usually a pretty crazy one. I love it and wouldn't have it any other way!

      Thanks for passing by...I'm you newest follower!

      Delete
  5. What a zingy~fun mirror. Perfect for a girly room =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Thanks for passing by...I'm your newest follower!

      Delete
  6. Beautimous mirror, Erin...Can't wait to visit your blog again and again,Melissa!

    Jessica @ Mom 4 Real

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it Jessica?! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. Adore the mirror! Thanks for sharing, I will follow on my way out so I know the path back to your special place. I hope you will find the time to come visit me soon and do the same. I look forward to supporting and engaging together. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet Special K! Thank you! I passed by you blog and loved your bicycles post. Look forward to sharing more. Thanks for following! XO

      Delete
  8. That's such a cute mirror!! And super easy DIY... LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...