Friday, April 27, 2012

How to make Dump Cake!

Happy Friday!

I hope you all had a wonderful week!  The last few days have been much better for me.  Having Locke home always makes things better.  

Remember last weeks post "Look at where Dump Cake got us!"?  I told you about the story of how we ended up having our first date?  

How it was all because of Dump Cake?


Well, we finally had our "Dating Anniversary" fill yesterday and it was as yummy as ever!  

I promised I would share the {easy peasy} recipe with you, so here you go:

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 can of crushed pineapple
  • 1 can of pie filling of your choice {I used strawberry}
  • 1 box of yellow cake mix {I usually choose the butter recipe but I had this box on hand}
  • 1 stick of butter {plus maybe a little bit more}
  • ICE CREAM! {Vanilla is our choice!}



INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Set the oven to 350º F.
  2. DUMP the can of crushed pineapple {juice and all} into the pan.
  3. DUMP the pie filling in by spoonfulls and spread out to cover pineapple evenly.
  4. DUMP 3/4 {maybe more depending on your pan size} of the DRY cake mix and spread evenly.  You shouldn't see any pie filling peeking out.
  5. Cut the butter in thin slices and spread evenly on top of the dry cake mix.
  6. Place pan in the oven and close.  Keep an eye on it and after about 3 minutes or so the butter should be completely melted.  Pull the rack out and make sure the melted butter is even spread over the dry cake mix.  If not, try to spread butter around and if it's too big of a spot, add another piece of butter on top.
  7. Close oven and cook for 35-45 minutes until the entire crust is nice and golden brown.
  8. Let cool for about 5 minutes or so before serving with ice cream {our choice is Breyers Vanilla}.
  9. ENJOY!

2.

3.

4.

This is about how much should be left, depending on the size of your pan.
5.

6.




9.

¡Buen Provecho!

Bon Appetit!

Enoy!

Do you have any meals that you like to put together for a special occasion {other than holidays like Easter, Thanksgiving or Christmas}?

I'd love to hear about them!

Have a great weekend!



See where I party Friday's HERE.

12 comments:

  1. Perfect! I was going to have to look up a recipe for dump cake. My daughter wants to make it for the book club that we're doing, as a book tie-in. Thanks for saving me from searching through recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So glad I can help! It's so good, as by brother-in-law says, "It will make you fat just thinking about it!" I hope you like it, let me know how it comes out.

      Delete
  2. Mmm, haven't had dump cake in a long time, thanks for bringing a classic back, I'm going to have to remember this one. Yummy! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you let me know if you try it out. Hope you're having a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Looks yummy! I would love for you to share this with my "Unveil Your Genius" link party (new party every Thursday).
    http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/2012/04/unveil-your-genius-link-party-8.html

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure will! Thanks for the invite Taylor! And thanks for passing by as well.

      I have my own parties on Thursdays. Don't know if you saw. Pass on by and link on up as wel!

      Delete
  4. This looks absolutely delish! I know my family would love it! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no way they can't love it! And it's so simple to put together...just a few minutes prep time. Let me know if you try it out!

      Delete
  5. One of my favorite cakes. Not only because of how easy it is to make but because is super delicious too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is both {easy to make and super delicious}!

      Delete
  6. My Mom used to make this frequently and it was always such a treat to come home from school and find it cooling in the kitchen...she served it with fresh cream that my parent separated from their dairy cows. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds delicious! I bet those were some of the best treats as a kid, coming home from school and having a yummy dessert waiting for you. Thanks for passing by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...