Monday, May 21, 2012

Decortative Matchbox

Hola!  

How was your weekend?

Ours was spent getting sick.  It wasn't all bad though.  We had some beautiful weather.  Yesterday was sunshiny and breezy all day.  I spent as much of it as I could outside.  My wonderful hubby also ordered us dinner from Carraba's.  We were in a mood for something different, something yummy, but we didn't want to cook.  It was delicious!

Anywho...

Here's a little something I did yesterday when I was inside.  I decorated a large matchbox that I bought in a two pack at the dollar store.  I wanted to beautify something that I could do quickly.  These matchboxes have been sitting on the countertop for about two weeks.  It was time.  I will do the other one today {maybe}!

This is what I started with.


I didn't use all the supplies pictured.  It all depends on how much you want to embellish your boxes.  


First I cut the paper to cover the top and bottom of your box. I left a little extra  to hang over the sides where the striking surface is.  It all depends on the size if your box.


On the striking surface side, use the scoring blade {I think that's what it's called-the one that makes a line but doesn't cut} on the edges to created the flaps that will go on either side of the box.  Again, the measurements all depend on the size of your box.


This is what you should have after you've glued the paper to both sides.


Decorate the box as you would like.


Here's what I came up with.  What do you think?  


This is what happened after I left the glitter glue to dry.  I have bad luck leaving things to dry around Zoe...


Did you work on any projects this weekend?

Have a great day!

See where I party today HERE.


Also linked up here:


16 comments:

  1. Cute idea - you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! And thanks for passing by as well!

      Delete
  2. This came out so well! I love the colors and the stamp! Thanks for sharing and I am a new follower!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! Next one I do, I'll have to make sure to keep away from my littlest one. She loves to touch my wet projects!

      So happy to have you as a follower!

      Off to check out your blog now...

      Delete
  3. Hello Melissa,
    I linked over to your blog from Melanie’s link up party “Tuesday Time Out”. I have been wanting to decorate some matchboxes. Nice Work! Thanks for the inspiration. ;o)
    Smiles, Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for passing by Paula, and for the sweet comment! I still haven't finished the other one. I've been thinking of something else fun I can do with it.

      I have my own party that starts today {Thursday} and ends next Wednesday morning. I'd love for you to pass by and check it out.

      Have a great day!

      {Hugs}

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing... I'm now follow you from Le Chateau des Fleurs' linky party ;)

    http://sparkleandco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! I'm off to check out your blog now.

      Have a great weekend!

      {Hugs}

      Delete
  5. I have some headbands and barbecue i need to work on!!! lol
    Thanks for joining the French party on Monday!
    Come back next Monday!
    xo
    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you'll be busy too! My husband did not have to work today, so we started the weekend off early by doing some house and yard work. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon! Hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend!

      Delete
  7. Melissa, Super cute idea! Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday last week. I can't wait to see what you link up this week. Have a great day :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I'm all linked up! Have a great day as well.

      {Hugs}

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...