Friday, May 25, 2012

Homemade Ice Cream with my girls

Happy Friday my friends!

With Spring in full and Summertime quickly approaching, I find myself spending a lot of time outside with our girls.  We all love to be outside.  Locke and I especially love it because it wares the girls out and makes sleepy time much easier!  

Pinterest is loaded with tons of ideas for crafts and activities for little ones.  Check out THIS post that I put together for some ideas.  

I've wanted to do an easy and fun recipe that the girls could be involved in, so I decided to try homemade ice cream.  A lot of the pins I found for homemade ice cream were based on the recipe from the website, Disney Family Fun.  THIS is the link to their site for the full recipe.  They even have a video tutorial. 

Zoe was tired and didn't want to have anything to do with the shaking of the bags, but she was definitely interested.  I'll have to do it again next week in the early afternoon.  Mia had a lot of fun shaking the bags until her fingers got frozen!  I ended up doing most of the shaking.  I recommend you double bag the gallon size bags like the video tutorial shows you.  Otherwise, if you do like I did, you may want to do this outside or on the kitchen countertop because there could be some leakage.

Once it came time to eating the ice cream, both Mia and Zoe were all about it!  They loved it and I had some myself.  It was very yummy and we will definitely be doing it again.


Have you tried homemade ice cream before?  


Do you put any special treats in yours?  


See where I party today HERE.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. yes, it looks as though you have the sweet life. Those little girls are adorable. I love homemade ice cream, but have not made it much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! They are adorable and I am very blessed with such a loving family. We made some again tonight but used heavy cream instead of half and half. It was even yummier! Thanks for visiting.

      Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. I totally forgot about this. I would make it with my students. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how your girls like it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...