Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My first quilt: CRAZY QUILT!!!

Monday night I started my very first quilt.

A Crazy Quilt.

Here is my first square.  


Tonight I worked on five more!  It's not as easy as I thought it would be.  Don't get me wrong, it's not hard, but you still have to think a little about your placement.  I'm having fun working with it.



AFTER I started sewing, I thought, maybe I should look at Pinterest for some ideas.  These are some of the Crazy Quilts I found that caught me eye.


Love the colors used by Bijou Lovely here.  I would like to make a more modern, streamlined Crazy Quilt for my bedroom after this one, so I'll keep this straight lined one in mind.

Bijou Lovely

I like the rick rack used here.  I think I'll do this with my quilt.

Omelete de Amoras

My quilt has lines more like this one.  I think I would also like to add embellishments to mine using embroidery thread and maybe even some buttons.

Instructables

I cannot wait to  get more blocks completed and start sewing them together!  

I'm very excited.  

Have you ever worked on a quilt?

What was your first one and how did you do with it?

See where I party today HERE.


Also linked up here:
The DIY Dreamer

12 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics you chose...so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn! I'm using the fabrics from three different projects. Thankfully, most of them "go" together! I can't wait to keep working on it! Thanks for passing by!

      Delete
  2. Congrats!!! Doing the first of anything is a huge deal! And I think you did a fantastic job!

    I recently used fabric for the first time...I have yet to actually try to quilt anything!

    Keep on craftin' =)
    ~* Ashley
    earthlyashley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! My mom's worked on some quilts for a few years now and I've always wanted to give it a try. Yet, I wanted something that didn't need all sorts of measuring...at least not for my first one. Let's see how long it takes me to get it done. Thanks for passing by my little blog!

      {Hugs}

      Delete
  3. Loving the fabric you chose! It looks great and your off to a wonderful start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I hope it doesn't take me too long to complete! Hope you're having a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. How fun! I love the colors. I'd love for you to link it up to Crafty Cousins. http://crafting-cousins.blogspot.com/2012/05/what-i-wore-sunday-week-16.html

    ~Natalie

    Holla! We're your newest followers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Natalie! It's been fun working on it.

      I'm off to your party to link up a couple projects! I've got a party going on too, I hope you link up as well. Just click on the POC Link Party tab above to party.

      {Hugs}

      Delete
  5. Melissa, This looks great! I have bought many quilters quarters so I can learn how to quilt, but have yet to get to it. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next week. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never really tried because I didn't have a sewing machine of my own. Thankful to my mama for lending me hers while she was on vacation. Looking forward to buying one of my own!

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  6. Your quilt is looking fantastic Melissa!!!! YAY!!

    Thanks so much for sharing at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you link up this evening!
    Please don't forget to put my button somewhere on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I have a couple of things to link up today. Sorry I didn't add your button. Last week was an off week for me {I think I only posted two times} but I added it to last weeks post and will be updating my party list this weekend.

      Hope you're having a great week!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...