Tuesday, May 22, 2012

WANTED: Camera that will take great blog & family photos!!!

I've been wanting a nice camera for awhile now.  One that takes amazing photos.  I want to be able to photograph my family and give you great blog photos as well.


This is the camera we've been using for the last few years.  It takes decent photos, but I would like more.




I've pinned some beautiful photos I've seen through Pinterest here and there onto my Photography Board and recently I've pinned a couple of bloggers that give tips on how to take better blog photos.


Susan from



has given a few different tutorials on taking better blog photos and has also shared with us some of the resources she uses, such as Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 and some free photo editing sites.  You can find other tutorials Susan provides at the end of THIS post.  Susan has also showed her readers what photography equipment she uses HERE.


Here is one of her before & afters:


Another blog I've pinned is


They have a great tutorial A Quick Guide to Understanding Your DSLR Camera.  I cannot wait to get my own so I can start practicing!


Erin from 

How to Nest for Less

put together a blog series called Photoshop Tips & Tricks.  I think I've referenced all of the posts in her series.  I especially like Adjusting Your Blog Photos to Perfection.


Check out Erin's blog to see the other posts in her series.

Do you have any other great ideas for how to take better blog photos?

What kind of camera do you use?



See where I party today HERE.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I would suggest getting a cheaper body, but a nicer lens. The lens really makes the difference!
    I have a Nikon D40 and with two lenses: a Nikon 35mm and a Tamron 18-200mm. I LOVE taking pictures with my 35mm lens!
    Oh, and look for a lens with a low f-stop #. So you can take pictures without a flash even in not so great lighting conditions and get a great depth of field. ;)
    Let me know what you'll decide on! I'm excited to see!
    Have a great day!
    xo! Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa, thank you so much for the suggestions! I will definitely consider everything you just shared.

      I'll let you know what I end up choosing...I can't wait!

      {Hugs}

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...