CONTACT ME

Name

Email *

Message *

Labels

Saturday, April 14, 2018

FOLLOWING YOUR DREAMS

Ever since I was a little girl I always knew I wanted to do something that would have a positive impact on other people. For the longest time, I thought I wanted to be a teacher. After I had our daughters via caesarean sections, that changed. The care my nurses gave me during labor, delivery, and postpartum was incredible. Then I knew. I knew my calling was to be a nurse. 

I stayed at home with our girls for years and later on ended up working for our county for almost 5 years. I wasn’t happy.  I didn't feel fulfilled. It’s not what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. 

Last year, with the encouragement of my family, I took the big leap. At 34, I quit my job and went back to college. I’m in my last few weeks of prerequisites now and am so looking forward to starting nursing school in the fall! 

I am very thankful and blessed for my family and friends who have supported me every step of the way while I follow my dream of becoming a nurse! 

XO, Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment